[pct-l] snow inNorthern CA

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 16:54:37 CST 2014

There didn't used to be trail angels   We carried water(up to 2 gallons) to get to natural water sources. Of course it seems to me it's drier now. But there are ways to go off trail down the mtns to water. People have just forgotten where those sources are.  I filtered out of a sources that meant trying to get the water before it hit a cow pie.  That was a spring that is never used any more in the Mojave. Another source I can think of is down (east)Jawbone Canyon in the Mojave just before the First Nations land. You have to walk a few miles.   Marmot

Sent from my iPhone