[pct-l] Lite Weight Cookset

Jim Marco jdm27 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 23 19:09:04 CST 2014

Yeah, there are a lot of good canister outfits out there. As much as I like alcohol for short weekend trips and overnighters, I do not use them for more than a few nights out.

For white gas stoves, I prefer the venerable SVEA 123r. It is a rugged little stove, 12oz of fuel is good for about two weeks(the fuel weighs about 10oz, but the stove weighs ~20oz.) Total is around 35oz for 14 days with pot and wind screen. This *will* run on auto fuel though not as hot/clean.

Only one canister stove do I feel comfortable with. This is Caffin's 3.1oz remote stove. Coupled with a 1oz wind screen, a grease pot at 3.25oz, and an 240g canister (actually weighs a bit more than 12oz) this makes a great stove for about 10 days. Total is around 20oz for 10 days. I recommend a spare canister because these are not as reliable as the SVEA.
	My thoughts only . . .
		jdm