[pct-l] Going stoveless and resupply as you go

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 21:16:57 CST 2014

Are you going to hike your remaining miles this year?

Meike

Yes! I see a doctor on the 7th of Feb.

I will be getting surgery to fuse the 3 bones together that form the foot’s arch,
and have the tibial posterior tendon reattached to the bottom of my foot.
The tendon originates from off of the calf muscle and runs down the back of the leg attaching to the bottom of the foot.
I destroyed my foot by not paying heed to the pain which was signaling injury.
I should have followed the rule of thumb regarding pain when I was a runner. If you had pain when you started running,
and it went away during the run, it meant keep running. If you had pain that didn’t go away, then that meant- stop running.
I think hiking would be the same. Unfortunately, I kept hiking and now I have a deformed foot.
The bones forming the arch are moving/collapsing down and in. No worry though. Rehab will probably involve walking.
Ha! I should be able to nail it on the first try. 2 months on crutches, then 2 months rehab. Perfect.
I should be back out on the trail in May. I can always go to Sonora Pass and head north to complete a sectioned hike.
3 years in the making . It’s all good. One thing about the trail... it’s not going anywhere.

Take care.

<>Paint<>