[pct-l] Lite Weight Cookset

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Fri Jan 24 10:46:52 CST 2014

 For several years now, I've been using an Optimus remote canister stove with a Primus Eta-pot. It's lighter and more versatile than a Jetboil. With the Eta-pot and a windscreen it will boil water almost instantly. I had to make sure dinner fixings were ready to go before firing it up.

That stove died on me last year, and I replaced it with a Optimus Vega, which for some reason does not seem to work as well as the old version.

With that setup a 100g cartridge would last 5 days, two meals a day for 2, no simmering just bringing water to a boil.

Gary