[pct-l] Why California's Trails Are Disappearing From Our Maps

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 26 21:16:38 CST 2014

Terry wrote:

I caught that quote in the article too, but I personally hiked that section
of the PCT last October  and I had NO difficulty following it, let alone
having to find the trail and not one time did I even think I was off trail.
But, as they say, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!

I haven't hiked that section yet, but possibly the reason why you had no
difficulty following the trail there last October was because Ken and his
crew already put in the enormous numbers of hours required to reconstruct
it.  So unless I'm misreading something, I think your report of a
well-maintained trail is due precisely to Ken's work to make it that way,
and he's telling us what it was like before they fixed it.  Right?

Eric