[pct-l] cooking food

Terry tsparks56 at aol.com
Mon Jan 27 15:17:35 CST 2014

Hi Jake,
Here is a partial list I have found that works for me, in recycling my old cooking bags on the trail for other uses.

I use the zip locks and the stronger food saver bags for cooking and other things. Most typically, I will reuse my first zip lock to seal and carry out my TP and, if on a long section without resupply, will double bag it with the second zip lock. I also reuse them for storing gear in the pack, such as trash and underwear I have lived in for the past month (j/k, I dump my trash at every trailhead trash can). Some of the bags also find a use in the hip belt pocket to segregate maps from my lunch, making it easier to grab a snack or such, while never breaking stride on the trail.  I have also used them as sunglass storage, as I found out the hard way that, putting unprotected sunglasses in my shoulder strap pocket ends up with scratched sunglass lenses. If by chance I have a leaky bag that is rehydrating food, I just double bag it and continue hiking.
 I am sure there are many more uses for them and, it would be fun to know what others use them for too.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone