[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 73, Issue 32

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 13:27:48 CST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM, <lorna at ptera.net> wrote:

> "Anyway, it's very true that the trails are disappearing from the map.
> It's too bad, too, because we have so many people who need work and
> so much work to do. You'd think we could put the two together like we
> did back in the last Depression."
>
> Oh, I so agree with you, Diane!

I worked in the California Conservation Corps for a year when I was a
teenager. A worthwhile and very valuable year of my life, I wish I could do
it again. I'd work for minimum wage, hard, five days or more per week,
doing conservation projects in the woods, and gladly pay $200/month for
room & board, for the opportunity to return to the work I enjoyed and the
people I worked with. I worked in the Salmon Restoration Project at a
satellite center in Forest Glen, CA. Maybe the best year of my life, maybe.

Yup, I'd be the first in line for one of those jobs.

Luce Cruz