[pct-l] mechanical clearing of trail

JPL jplynch at crosslink.net
Fri Jan 31 11:10:40 CST 2014

We have trained cross-cut crews in Shenandoah NP and they can do a job!  The
other factor to consider is the impression on the public and wilderness
opponents.  If wilderness advocates don't respect the "no machines" rule,
then our arguments are undercut and the "anti's" will come in with why can't
we use our machines (bicycles, ATVs, dirt bikes, etc.).  Wilderness
protection is not a one shot deal; those of us who are wilderness lovers
need to be out there standing up every day!