[pct-l] fuel mailing?

Eric Hunter eric.e.hunter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 12:32:31 CST 2014

Hi Jake,

At present, shipments of hazardous materials, including fuel canisters are
subject to labeling requirements that stipulate that the packages should be
affixed or marked with the ORM-D marking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORM-D).
I shipped fuel canisters last year, with no real difficulties, but I did
spend a good bit of time at the USPS office explaining to the shipping
clerk exactly what the markings meant (while pointing at the posters on the
wall that explained the specifications) and ensuring that they followed
through on marking the packages for ground shipment only.

The following page provides further explanation of the requirements:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=85648

Eric.