[pct-l] New Mountain Education videos on YouTube!

Dave Fajer davefajer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:45:02 CDT 2014

Thanks Matt,

I appreciate your efforts.  I have to say as a newbie, aspiring PCT hiker,
there certainly are a lot of issues and vigor you bring up that I am simply
not equipped to address.

I would reiterate that I found Mountain Educations courses very focussed
and instructive, at all levels, for gaining experience and planning my PCT
hike.  In particular,the Advanced Class which took us over Forrester
Pass will serve me well in preparing me to reduce my personal risk and
increase my solo safety  and in assisting me in choosing proper equipment
and loadouts for differing terrains and weather conditions.

I cannot discern anything illegal or unethical being practiced here based
upon your comments and my additional research due to your response, and
don't see any viable options that you are recommending which would have
better informed my current and past hike planning and execution.
Additionally, I would highly recommend Mountain Educations courses, OR ANY
OTHER TRAINING COURSES to other aspiring PCT hikers in their preparations
for future assaults on the PCT!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to expand upon your original email to
me.  Obviously, there are other dynamics at play here that are outside of
my interests, capacity and desire to become involved in.

Also, thanks for your patience in my response, I did not even know what the
AMGA was and their certifications but glad you pointed that industry out to
me.

Coastal