[pct-l] Journaling on the trail

Jennifer Zimmerman jenniferlzim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:10:16 CDT 2014

I typed on my iPhone because I couldn't think of a better alternative.
 Didn't want to carry a larger device.  I would have preferred to write it
longhand, but I'm sure with the added burden of transcribing I never would
have gotten the entries online - uploading them in town, with added
pictures and often spotty wifi, was enough of a chore in itself.  I wrote
in Notes because it was better than the blog app (which wouldn't do
landscape mode).  It tended to be tedious and frustrating even though I got
faster as I went. A character-to-text deal using the camera would have been
ideal, but I'm not sure if a reliably functional app exists for this.

I wanted to look into using a Kindle for typing - one with a touchscreen,
like the backlit models - since I already carried one for books, but never
found out whether this was a possibility. Sorry I don't have a better
recommendation!