[pct-l] trailer for "Wild"

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 14:52:27 CDT 2014

I read "Wild". Thank you, local library.

For those that haven't read it, it is not a book about the Pacific Crest
Trail anymore than Monty Python's Quest For the Holy Grail was a movie
about medieval England.

I haven't seen the movie, nor will I pay modern movie theater prices to see
damn near any movie, but however it was massaged to make it into a film for
current movie audiences, it will likely be disappointing to those that will
be going for a PCT experience on screen. I suppose the location and prop
folks worked hard, and there was a ton of B roll and establishing shots
done just to boost authenticity. Anyone that has had any involvement in
movie production knows that it only has to appear authentic to the
audience, and the audience has already suspended the majority of its
disbelief by the time the lights start to dim.

Luce Cruz