[pct-l] (no subject)

Gail Van Velzer vanvelzer at charter.net
Sat Jul 12 13:30:42 CDT 2014

While I don't have an external frame pack, my husband does, an old Kelty,
that he won't part with.  My new one weighs double what the old Kelty
weighs!  I woudn't be so against those external frame packs because they are
lighter and seem to have more pockets to organize things and get to quickly.
I'm also against people being so extremely light that they are not bringing
essentials....like first aid kits and soap!  I'm all for lightweight, and I
do pack small, but in the early 90's it wasn't so cool to be uberlight!
Golly