[pct-l] Sec. L trees and TA

Laurie Hallum laurie_h1234 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 10:48:49 CDT 2014

Thank you Larry (class of 2002) near I-80 when you help Bill and me with direction to my car on the 13th.  We may have been out exploring (I'm never lost) for a long time if you  hadn't given us some trail magic.  You truly are an angel by just being there willing to help.

Charles, we (hiking partner and me) crossed paths with you in the Quincy coffee shop after meeting at the PCTA meeting and open house.  You said you were doing a lot of logging out.  We didn't hike the entire lengths of Section L and M but saw evidence of recent log cuts.  We were impressed by the number of logs freshly cut.  Thank you so much.  The only tree we saw as a problem was a 22" - 24" one just above Beldon south side.  It's been there for a while.  It may be best cut in the off season with no hikers.  It's very steep and the log may roll quite a ways.  This may not be part of your area, but thanks so much for all you do.