[pct-l] toe surgery

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 20:52:45 CDT 2014

I’m considering having surgery done on my hammer toes. My doc says the surgery will fix the way my
toes rub against my shoes, but will take away my ability to flex or push off with my toes. This could
impact my balance and my gait slightly.

I’m debating whether I should do the surgery, or just keep on dealing with sore toes from rubbing. (I’ve
tried wearing huge & wide shoes, many kinds of socks, and inserting many sorts of padding, but so far, nothing
has solved the problem.)

I would appreciate hearing offline from anyone who has knowledge about this
topic, and the trade-offs involved.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
Carolyn
Dr_carolyn at yahoo.com