[pct-l] Cheryl Strayed's Pack in Wild

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 14:40:35 CDT 2014

 "I don't know why the people at REI put Cheryl Strayed into an external
frame pack when she got outfitted before her hike in the 90's"

My first backpacking trip, like Ms Strayed (who is only a few years older than I) was also in the mid-1990s
I did not even know there was such thing as an internal frame pack in 1996!

I just used inexpensive pack I bought at the equivalent of Sport's Authority.
It looked like what I was supposed to use and I went with it.

I also used an old boy scout sleeping bag and other old equipment.

Many of us who take their first backpacking trips were probably in a similar position.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
www.pmags.com
twitter.com/pmagsco
facebook.com/pmags