[pct-l] Where will the Herd be on July 4

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 10:39:01 CDT 2014

Jalan wrote:

Any idea where the herd may be around 7/4.  I'm heading out to NorCal that
weekend and hope to avoid if possible. I'm guessing because of the low snow year, the herd will be slightly ahead
of schedule.

Reply:

I'd think anywhere between Yosemite / Tuoloumne Meadows for the back markers and the Castella / Castle Crags / Shasta City area for the front edge.  I'd imagine the center of the bulge would be from a bit south of Tahoe up to Sierra City.

With folks going into the Sierra starting several weeks ago, there's no reason to doubt the front of the pack will be very far north, while the back markers are going to be about as far south as they would be in any given year.