[pct-l] Data Book Discrepancies

Gail Van Velzer vanvelzer at charter.net
Wed Jun 11 12:47:17 CDT 2014

Dan aka Thumper,
Thanks for clarifying in a very nice way.  I will bet Halfmile's data is
closer only because the GPS data is new and more accurate.  The USFS maps;
some of them dating many years back, were made by survey methods, which was
the most accurate at the time, but I have seen the USFS, or USGS maps off.
If you start with a faulty point, everything else will be faulty after that.
The current GPS waypoints are accurate within a few feet, whereas survey
methods can vary depending on the surveyor.
Gail aka Golly