[pct-l] Favorite piece of apparel?

Jennifer Zimmerman jenniferlzim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:32:39 CDT 2014

My favorite piece of apparel is actually a Columbia product that they don't
seem to make anymore!  I wore their Sun Goddess 2 shirt last year on my
hike and it's by far the best outdoor shirt I ever tried. The fabric was
light, semi-stretchy, breathable and ultra-wicking, soft to the touch and
never clammy.  Less important but still a huge plus was the very flattering
fit - semi-tailored and not boxy but with enough freedom to move,
especially in the chest.  I loved the fold-out sun collar.  The sleeves
would stay put when I rolled them up, even without fastening them to the
loops.   I tried to buy another one after I got back but could not find my
size to my huge disappointment.  If your friend has any inside info about
whether they plan to make this design again, or whether they sell it under
a different name, I would buy 10 of them and never wear anything else
outdoors again. I'm still kicking myself for not getting more than one.

The only slight downside was that the shirt developed a hole on the back
where it rubbed between my bra clasp and pack.  However, given what I put
it through last year it came through in amazing condition.  The fabric was
so soft that I expected it to be shredded to pieces within a month but I
still wear it all the time for yard work.

I never get this excited about clothing, but there you are.

JZ