[pct-l] HIKEPLAN

hikeplan at aol.com hikeplan at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 22:28:49 CDT 2014

The HIKEPLAN is produced -by computer program - using several sources of
basic data. First are  the The  Pacific Crest Trail, Jeff Schaefer, et  al,
in their three volumes, Southern California, Northern California, and Oregon
and Washington. Also of use are the Halfmile Map series. The next  are
changes provided by credible agencies such as the Pacific Crest Trail
Association and related federal and state agencies. Lastly, but of equal
importance, are the hikers themselves.

With these data in hand, as well as the hiker’s  estimate of hiking
ability such as level and climbing rates, desired hike day durations, etc., the
computer will produce a plan. Output reveals average hike day length,
suggested  campsite locations and total number of hike days and hours. The output
can be  easily overwritten  by the hiker’s wishes.

You will receive a glossary, so you can decipher abbreviations, etc. and
one or more files, as needed,  for indicating your use of auxiliary off-PCT
connecting trails and your selection of resupply points. Please check the
appropriate boxes (X, R) and return this (these) completed forms to me with
your  selections.

This is my most favorite hobby. I have been hiking off and on for over 80
years. Although I have not done a through-hike of the PCT, I have done many
parts of it.

I also served as vice president of the PCTA for two years.

Perhaps you can complete it for me!

Best regards,

Jack

John M.  "Jack" Yates