[pct-l] Question regarding Section A Required Permits

Dan C. aka Thumper dofdear at cox.net
Sun Jun 29 21:58:43 CDT 2014

Check out order 88-1,  http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/about-forest/?cid=fsbdev7_016467&width=full
So I stand corrected, it's any time you enter not multi-day.  And besides, there is a safety issue that the service wants to know who and when folks are in the back country and/wilderness. Also this whole corredor is under constant surveillance by DHS. Besides, it's not hard to get the permit and it's the right thing to do. We should not be encouraging circumventing the rules.  Finally, the original post mentiined Section B but was not specific. San Jacinto is definitely permit required.

Thumper