[pct-l] Fw: 2014 Snow, Water and Start Date

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:34:51 CST 2014

Hi Barry,

You're right - the Sierra still looks low on snow pack - no doubt about
that.  My more near term concern is what the snowpack will be like at San
Jacinto/Fuller Ridge.  I plan to start at Campo around 4/1 and a should be
heading up to SJ around 4/14.  Anyone have a read on how hard they got
pounded there?  They were calling for 4 feet or more - but it's tough to
forecast snow levels for a ridge top.

It looks like warm & sunny in the forecast there, so I am sure there will be
a lot of melt in the next 6 weeks.  I'm just not sure how to get a read on
current snowpack levels there.  I don't think they do a periodic snow survey
or online measures of snow pack, do they?

Of course this should help the desert water sources some...  But how much I
have no idea.

Timberline