[pct-l] PCT Elevation Gain / Loss Stats

Jeffrey Olson jjolson60 at centurylink.net
Wed Mar 5 19:03:56 CST 2014

Having used the guidebook for 20 years, I affirm the despair I feel when
tired and the 220' up and 220' down rules.  Just another test of mettle,
of being able to rise above lore and cursory understanding of the text
and land it describes, and others perceptions.  Your planning is going
to deconstruct in the first week... You'll learn SO MUCH...

We learn to read the topo map.  We learn how strong we are.  We learn we
need to go sideways and blatt our bowels every 20 minutes. When you have
diarrhea, do you always bury it???  Have any of you used leaves because
you're shitting so often and you want to keep your impacting footprint
to a minumum?  I found snow to be the best TP.  You don't have to bury
it...

What a great time of life!

Jeffrey Olson
Rapid City, SD - retiring (what the hell does that mean?) in May...