[pct-l] Cascade Snow

Heather Darnell mom_and_alex at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 20:42:07 CST 2014

Has anyone used - and with what degree of success?!- Poor Richards Almanac or other weather prediction tool to plan their trip? I closely watch weather posts, as I have been for several years. But if there is merit to one of those publications for the specific coming year, that would be oh-so-handy!!
I considered trying to go back and order previous editions, to compare to what actually got recorded / experienced / observed. Then I realized they are specific to each region! So the task  became rather daunting!!

Currently, I'm planning my 2017 thru hike to start at Kennedy Meadows as early as possible in the year (March? maybe April?). I'd hike south to Campo, hit Lake Morena for kickoff, and then proceed north to Canada, hopefully just ahead of the herd. The advantage of the weather prediction would be largely for estimating water availability in the dryer desert sections for April, then preparing for Sierra snow falls, then OR and WA snow pack, I think.
Other thoughts?

''The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.''
Albert Einstein
1879-1955, German-born American Physicist

Blessings,
Heather Darnel

 Message: 9