[pct-l] Hiker Heaven Overflow Plan

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 15:25:06 CDT 2014

>From Token Civilian:
> There is quite a few folks starting well before the KO.....Hopefully more folks choose to do so.

Selfishly, I hope NOT!  ;-)  I set my start date back in January for April 2nd, taking an educated gamble
based on long range forecasts/predictions - which have held up so far.
I do NOT want to be in a "herd" ahead of another "herd" - but that might happen anyway since the latest
NOAA NWS 30-day ("April") and 90-day ("Apr/May/Jun") came out this morning!  See forecast maps at
<http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/multi_season/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/page2.gif>.
AccuWeather 45-day forecasts (through May 3rd) for Mount Laguna, Idyllwild, and Big Bear do not show
any precipitation, and forecasts for Mammoth & South Lake Tahoe don't show any significant precip, either.