[pct-l] Horseshoe Meadow Trailhead Hitch to Lone Pine

Jim Banks JimLBanks at verizon.net
Fri Mar 21 13:49:44 CDT 2014

Aaron, in regard to your alternate exit strategy:  I think Yogi's warning
about a very hard hitch is referring to the time frame when most north bound
PCT through hikers are going through the area (i.e., June).  If you are
doing a south bound JMT, I am guessing that you will be there in late July
or August.  As the summer progresses, that area has more and more traffic
and the chances of hitching a ride increase.  You are right to try and time
it so that you are there on a Sunday afternoon.

I-Beam