[pct-l] Horseshoe Meadow Trailhead Hitch to Lone Pine

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 12:43:07 CDT 2014

Trail Pass is an easier trail than both Mulkey Pass and Cottonwood Pass. Mulkey Pass was indistinct in many places. Cottonwood Pass is a big pass and is beautiful. Mulkey Pass and Trail Pass are pretty short trails.

I exited at Mulkey Pass one year and got lost. I had met someone on the trail who said I could get a ride with them, just look for some guy who was going to meet them at the trailhead. Getting lost, I still managed to find the man and get my ride!

I exited at Trail Pass one year and the place was deserted. It was pretty clear I was never going to get a ride from the parking lot so I started walking down the road. I finally did get a ride after about 45 minutes of hiking from Tigger and Chuck Norris who had been traveling around the trail with their van helping hikers out.

TrailHacker exited at Trail Pass last year before the road was open. It was a long walk down for him, but eventually he got a ride part of the way after several hours of hiking.

It all works out somehow.

Diane