[pct-l] May 29 SOBO

Jes Shap raztaz2000 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:01:01 CDT 2014

I called the Methow Valley Ranger District this morning. Looks like I might
be doing an out and back to the Canadian border from Rainy Pass instead of
Harts Pass unless I want to wait until July as Ned suggests. That will be
60 miles one way instead of 30 but from what I can glean from trip reports
the grade is fairly gentle, at least for the half closest to Canada. The
ranger was helpful and indicated that the Harts Pass Rd is typically closed
at Mazana, 3 miles from the national forest boundary, until the beginning
of July. This still seems like a good option that let's me do the entire
trail so for now this is my plan.
~Jes