[pct-l] Best place to stay in Ashland OR

John Herrin johndavidherrin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:12:45 CDT 2014

My wife and I will be backpacking a section of the PCT, heading Southbound
from near Ashland OR to Kennedy Meadows South. We hope to hit the trail on
July 5th or 6th. We will be flying into Medford on July 4th. I am not quite
sure what's the best way to get to Ashland from Medford (bus? taxi?
hitch?).

We also hope to spend one (or two) nights in Ashland before starting. I am
wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a decent/ reasonably priced place
to stay in Ashland, hopefully a hiker friendly place near the center of
town or wherever the decent restaurants and grocery stores are?

My last question would be what's the best way to get to the PCT from
Ashland(taxi? hitch? trail angel?)?

Thanks so much. I love reading this forum or whatever it is :)
John Herrin