[pct-l] using Amtrak to and from the PCT

Tim Umstead tumstead96 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 12:20:32 CDT 2014

It might have something to with stations that have a mandatory stop and
staff and ones that are optional stops.  Last summer, we had planned to
hike from Crater Lake to BLYC and back.  In the middle of our hike we
changed our plans and hiked all the why to Cascade Locks.  We got a ride to
the Portland train station, walked in and purchased the last four tickets
to Klamath Falls for that day.  We did not per-purchase anything and they
never said a word about doing that.  Maybe we were just lucky.

The Ravens
PCT 96'