[pct-l] Disrespect of the PCT

Jeffrey Olson jjolson60 at centurylink.net
Fri May 23 10:32:15 CDT 2014

Have no fear.  The likelihood of running into jerks is pretty low. I've
been doing section hikes of varying lengths for 35 years and have met
only one  young man who felt "sketchy" to me.  Most people are very
welcoming, if they are not in an emotional funk or in a hurry.  The One
Percent (or less) who are overly narcissistic are easily recognized and
avoided or left behind.

The trail angel focus will work itself out.  It's called growing pains.
I personally think that until Kennedy Meadows South it would be better
if there were NO trail angels.  The herd would cull itself of the
inexperienced and out-of-shape, the naive, and emotionally unprepared.

Jeff

Rapid City, SD, soon to be (joyfully) of Arcata, CA...