[pct-l] Sierra reports from bloggers

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Thu May 22 18:06:43 CDT 2014

I have been on many a SAR mission in similar conditions where our Incident
Commander pulled us off the search because he decided it was too much of a
risk, white-outs on the steeps.

These people get through because they haven't a clue, but have a lot of
luck. They ride the narrow edge of disaster by thinking they must travel in
these conditions. Staying warm & dry in their tents for a day or two would
have still gotten them to Canada...

Now that this storm is passing to the east, does anyone know if Inyo SAR got
any Call-Outs?

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org