[pct-l] Mount Kilimanjaro

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat May 24 10:42:52 CDT 2014

Say gang,
Thanks a lot for all the good "ON LIST" & "OFF LIST" Kilimanjaro advice.

Here is some advice I got from the UC Medical Doctor that I saw for my
immunizations and prescriptions for the Africa trip.

He looked at me dead seriously and said..."at age 73, if you catch Malaria
you are going to die."

So, if any of you old geezers are planing on climbing Kilimanjaro, I
suggest you get your recommended immunization and medication.

Hhhhmmm.....I wonder why Karen is dragging me to Africa????
Maybe she is trying to get rid of me,....hhhmmm.

JMT Reinhold
Your concerned trail companion

BTW....the doctor was not kidding.....he was serious....the immune system
weakens with age.
I guess that is also why many old folks die if they catch pneumonia
while young
folks recover.