[pct-l] Thought on Resupplying in Shasta

Sean Nordeen sean.nordeen at gmail.com
Fri May 30 13:12:59 CDT 2014

Is there a particular reason you want to go into Shasta instead of Dunsmuir
which is much closer and is fine for taking a zero?  I know someone who
walked to Dunsmuir by mostly following the train tracks north.  But it
shouldn't take half a day getting a hitch to there.  There is also nothing
wrong with just walking through Castella and zeroing in Etna a few days
later.

Don't know about ATT, but Verizon had good cell coverage as you decended
down the last few miles to the I-5.  As its a major instate I would assume
ATT would also.

-Miner