[pct-l] Anyone have updates on Mountain Fire closure?

Gail Van Velzer vanvelzer at charter.net
Mon Nov 17 11:36:53 CST 2014

When I talked to the Forest Service down there last spring, they didn't see
any time in the near future that the PCT would again be opened.  She said
that the trails are gone; the fire caused a lot of damage.  Erosion and loss
of foliage has been bad.  She said the ground is unstable and it will take
some major work to get the trails restored.
Golly