[pct-l] Kelso Valley Rd Access

David Money Harris David_Harris at hmc.edu
Wed Nov 19 12:36:04 CST 2014

Dan,

I haven’t been on Bird Spring Canyon Road this year, but is normally easy 2WD unless it has washed out, and there’s barely been precipitation.

I seem to recall that Dove Spring Canyon has sand at the west end and that I may have backed off in 2WD, but there’s a chance I’ve mixed it up with another road in the area.

Kelso Valley Road and Bird Spring Road are both pretty decent.  Drive time depends on where you are coming from; from the saddle on Kelso Valley to Bird Spring Pass is under an hour.

David