[pct-l] Section F and water this October

Sarah Estrella skestrella at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 22 12:59:04 CDT 2014

Hi Derek,
I just returned from hiking sections F and G. I carried 9 liters of water from highway 58 and 8 liters on the next 30 mile stretch. But I'm not the fastest hiker and it was in the 90s every day with not much relief in the morning and evening. I hiked a bit at night. It should be cooler in October and that can make a huge difference in how much water you carry. I also brought electrolytes which really helped I think.
Spring is probably a nicer time to go unless you like solitude. I didn't see anyone else in section F.
FreeRange

Sent from my iPhone