[pct-l] News from your community PCT/JMT wilderness school

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Mon Sep 22 19:13:57 CDT 2014

It's Official!

Mountain Education, Inc. is now, according to the most esteemed Internal Revenue Service, a public charity exempt form Federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code!

They went on to say that contributions to Mountain Education are tax deductible as of May, 5, 2014, under section 170 of the Code.

"You are also qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under section 2055, 2106, or 2522 of the Code."

After much time and expense, we are all letting out a sigh of relief and taking a deep breath of excitement and anticipation as Mountain Education looks forward to a whole new year of wilderness safety courses ahead!

With that said, we are, also, proud to announce another affiliation! I have received my official certification as an Emergency Medical Services Instructor from the National Association of Emergency Medical Service Educators and will be teaching in the EMS program at Reno’s Truckee Meadows Community College!

http://www.naemse.org/
http://www.tmcc.edu/

Now, I go on to NOLS to get attend their Instructor Course – WFR, then their coveted, Professional Instructor Course – Mountain!

http://www.nols.edu/wmi/about/teaching_for_wmi.shtml
http://www.nols.edu/courses/professional-instructor-course-mountain/

Also, Mountain Education’s 2014-2015 snow skills courses are being listed at the school’s website, so check them out to see which ones fit your schedule!

www.mountaineducation.org

For those of you who are NoBo in 2015, consider attending our “NoBo Thru-Hiker Only, 6-Day Snow Advanced Course conducted between Cottonwood Pass and Kearsarge Pass, right when you’ll be passing through. Of course, we’re believing for a heavy winter (we sure need one!), so there should be lots of snow to walk on during this skills training trip, May 2-7, 2015! The classic, annual longer version of this same trip, which begins out of Kennedy Meadows to Kearsarge Pass, will begin on April 28, 2015.

Good news from this end!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
www.mountaineducation.org
ned at mountaineducation.org

Mission:
"To minimize wilderness accidents, injury, and illness in order to maximize wilderness enjoyment, safety, and personal growth, all through experiential education and risk awareness training."