[pct-l] More interesting reading. Public Lands: PCT for sale?

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 17:27:03 CDT 2015

Oddly, I have never seen a Star Wars movie, so I had to look up "Ferengi"
to see why selling off all public lands might be their sort of thing.  For
the benefit of the cinematically challenged, here is why this proposal
would immediately bring Ferengi to the minds of Trekkies: "They and their
culture are characterized by a mercantile
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercantilism> obsession with profit and
trade, and their constant efforts to swindle unwary customers into unfair
deals. They are also known for their business acumen and for rampant
misogyny <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny>. . . . Their home planet,
Ferenginar, is the center of the Ferengi Alliance and is governed by the
Grand Nagus and a Commerce Authority made primarily of the Council of
Economic Advisors (formerly Board of Liquidators). Like most of their
culture, their religion is also based on the principles of capitalism: they
offer prayers and monetary offerings to a '*Blessed Exchequer*' in hopes of
entering the "*Divine Treasury*" upon death, and fear an afterlife spent in
the '*Vault of Eternal Destitution*'" --*Wikipedia*

Ronald D. Graybill
11832 Fordham Place
Riverside, CA  92505
rgraybill44 at gmail.com