[pct-l] Solar Charger Worth It?

Andrew Gerdes andgerdes at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 5 09:15:34 CDT 2015

I am gearing up for a hike from Ashland to Cascade Locks this summer and was debating if I need to look into a solar charger for my IPhone 6.  It's the only electronic device I will be bringing and am planning to use it for photos, book reading, half mile app, and some occasional music at night.  Is it worth the added weight and trouble to get a solar charger or am I better off just getting a cheap battery backup case.  I've seen several on Amazon for around 30-40 bucks.  Will there be opportunities at stops along the trail in Oregon to charge or is a solar charger a better alternative.  Thanks all and happy hiking!

Andrew