[pct-l] Camping at Campo (Trouble)

Robert E. Riess robert.riess at cox.net
Mon Apr 6 13:17:22 CDT 2015

This hiker's experiences are not typical.  I doubt the veracity of these
incredulous statements. The US Border Patrol have been nothing but friendly
and accommodating to hikers for many years.  It is absolutely not necessary
nor desired to have hikers check in with BP on the way through Campo.
Observing people who happen to be hikers using binoculars is part of Border
Patrol's mission.  To be insulted for doing it is rude, and the mooner
should be profoundly embarrassed and apologetic.  In my opinion, Yogi has
been profound, accurate, articulate and eloquent in helping hikers
unfamiliar with the PCT.  Her accumulated knowledge and advice have aided
countless hikers.  There is no problem with camping near the border.  Hikers
will not be harassed by BP