[pct-l] Bear spring and crazy axe man

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 12:52:34 CDT 2015

Bear Spring is running. Should be for at least another week. Also small cache after(2 miles?) "A" cache.
The forest service guys told to choose between two spots to camp at San Fransquito Rd. Do not camp at lovely memorial tree area where there is covered area and picnic table. At 8pm some guy arrived and started chopping on the trees with an axe. After he came up to my tent and yelled at me and told me he had permission to " practice with his axe"(he was going from tree to tree chopping giving the trees a blow from his axe) he told me to "shut up and go back to sleep. I went to ranger station --no one was still there. When I got back he had taken off. I have reported this to the FS. I moved my camp spot in the dark to safer spot. That's all we need is a crazy axe guy in the night
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone