[pct-l] cooking in Spithern California

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Mon Apr 13 10:40:32 CDT 2015

The whole west coast had major fires last year. Eastern Washington near the
North Cascades had the biggest wild fires in history. Wouldn't surprise me
if they imposed another burn ban for most of the state. Even at our place
there was a ban on the whole hiker season. We had three towns and the area
around Winthrop, Wa burn up last year. Please be careful where you cook.
Please no open fires in fire pits. Is it worth the possibility of burning
the forest and people's homes ? You will be hiking through a lot of burned
out areas. And yes, people cause fires. So does lightning.

Andrea Dinsmore
PCT MOM