[pct-l] Hat Creek Rim water

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Wed Apr 15 13:36:28 CDT 2015

> In June I’ll be finishing up my remaining parts of Section O & P - have already done all of WA & OR and Section Q & R -
> but am not a fast hiker.  I understand there may be a water source off of Hat Creek Rim.  Does anyone know anything
> about Lost Creek Canyon spring?  It’s s’posed to be down the cliff somewhere off the rim…???  Is it actually flowing?
> How far is it and how much elevation loss?

Lost Creek spring is about 1/3 mile and ~400' BELOW the PCT at mile ~1383 (2015 Halfmile)  - it's not a "cliff", but it is steep.
I've never seen Lost Creek dry at the 'mouth' of the canyon, BUT - I haven't been there since 2013 and the last two years have
had very little snow compared to 'normal' years...  Personally I would be fairly confident that the spring would have some flow.
BTW, Hat Creek Rim is in Section N...  ;-)

Have a great hike!  Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)