[pct-l] Recommendation for PCT thru-hiking shoe (to replace Inov-8 Roclite 315's)

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Thu Apr 16 06:54:55 CDT 2015

> I loved my size 14 Inov-8 Roclite 315's (until they inexplicably stopped> making them early last year). ...
> Any suggestions for a trail shoe to replace (size 14) Inov-8 Roclite 315's?

If you loved the Roclite 315s, why haven't you tried the Roclite 295s?
Basically the same (has the PF support bands on the sole) shoe but with slightly softer, stickier tread...

I was also disappointed when the 315s disappeared - but that is not unusual in the running shoe industry...
I now use the 315s and also Altra Lone Peaks - and, yes, my wife does call them "clown shoes" - especially
since the only 2.0s on sale are the bright yellow ones & I went to a size 13 for even more comfort.   ;-)

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)