[pct-l] Windigo Pass to Odell Lake OR - PCT or OST?

Michael Irving michaeljirving at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:36:31 CDT 2015

I too have hiked both.  If you're objective is to get to Shelter Cove as
quick as possible, then take the OST.  If you're objective is to see the
most beautiful scenery possible, then take the PCT.  As said before, the
OST is unremarkable and a dusty horse trail.  The PCT hugs the flanks of
Diamond Peak and is beautiful.  Summit Lake is great.  In fact, just as
you're coming into Summit Lake if that camp is available on that little
peninsula, then take it.  It's one of my most favorite campsites as it's a
small peninsula all to yourself (can fit 2-3 small tents) with water all
around you and a beautiful vantage point of Diamond Peak at sunset.

Enjoy either way!

-GoalTech