[pct-l] Was Man Lost This Spring Found?

Mel Tungate mel at tungate.com
Sun Apr 19 13:00:17 CDT 2015

There have been two of them that I know of.

#1:  Isac ??? was not a PCT hiker, but a day hiker who parked his car and
apparently committed suicide ( when originally reported lost, his family
described him as despondent ).  His body was recovered.

#2:  Chris Silvia was, according to his roommate, going for a week long
hike.  Chris, according to his roommate, called and wanted to be picked up.
Chris, according to his roommate, never showed.

His pack, shoes, and food were found, left on the trail in oh so neat
fashion.  I am not the most experienced hiker, but it looked too neat for
me.  They looked for him for a week or so, then called it off.

So far, nothing more since the first of March or so.

Mel