[pct-l] ultralight frying pan

Laura Reed 1pint2007 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:18:44 CDT 2015

> I use a the pot and lid from a 3-piece Snow Peak Titanium Cookset when
backpacking. The lid works great as a mini frying pan for fun things like
fresh bell peppers, onions, garlic. pancakes or quesadillas on the trail.
A few small drops of olive oil help the ingredients not stick to the pan.

I always found clean up easy with just a couple of drops of Dr
Bronners.  The trick is to control your heat and not let it scorch the food
in the pan. But even if that happens, letting a bit of water soak in the
pan for 10 minutes will make clean up possible.

When I was completely tired of cold tortillas and sliced cheese, using the
lid of my pan to heat and melt them, made my lunch a fun treat that was
different enough that I enjoyed it again.

Happy hiking,
1Pint