[pct-l] Stehekin Fire Detour

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Thu Aug 20 22:35:31 CDT 2015

​OK..........Spoke with the National Park Service near Glacier,
WA.......they say the Rainy Pass to the border is closed. They say there is
a fire up near Woody Pass. Spoke to the US Forest Service in Marblemount
and they say it is open. They say there is no fire north of Rainy Pass. Go
figure....right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. All depends
who you call to get info from. Will be on the phone tomorrow calling more
agencies. My apologies if I have led some of you wrong....I can only pass
on what I'm told by the Govt folks. I would like it to be open for the
700-800 of you heading north. One agency is saying hike on from
Stehekin.....the other agency is saying get off the trail. I am doing the
best I can to get you on your way and save you a bunch of hassle.

PCT MOM
Andrea Dinsmore