[pct-l] Rainy Pass confusion....open or closed

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri Aug 21 17:12:35 CDT 2015

If current year NoBo thrus decide to wait for a few weeks after the fires
are out (IF the trail is "opened" back up), be aware that early-season snow
storms typically start arriving anytime after mid-September.

As I'm sure Andrea will add, some of the PCT Class of 2013 got caught in
deep powder snow near the end of September and had to quit, wallow on, or be
rescued by SAR.

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
www.mountaineducation.org
ned at mountaineducation.org

Mission:
"To minimize wilderness accidents, injury, and illness in order to maximize
wilderness enjoyment, safety, and personal growth, all through experiential
education and risk awareness training."